October 7, 2012

30 before 30: Move to Vancouver

I did it. I am here. Vancouver. I move into my apartment on the 15th. I'm excited to get a job and furnish my place. I want to join running clubs, book clubs and just focus on finding myself. I miss my family a lot, and I will miss them insanely more, but I really had to get away from that mess. I feel good here. 

Though a weird part of me feels like I need to take on a big project or achieve some crazy goal - to prove something to myself. My good friend pointed out, that I already did: I moved! I am not sure what I have in mind. 

I have a lot of things I want to accomplish. And, I will. 


My move took a long time. 

Only an hour into our drive and I am already out of the car taking pictures of the scenery. Miss the Yukon much? I think so. 

 I have no idea where this is. Northern BC I think.

 Moose! Tones of wildlife on the road. Bison, Elk, Horses, Moose, Coyotes, Birds, Bears. Dead animals getting eaten by other animals. It was cool to see nature like that. Though I feel guilt for building roads in their living room. 


 Pissed off Weimaraner. Luna hates cars, and he hates when her schedule is messed up. She's been pretty mad at me for the last month. I've left her in a boarding kennel while I am running a race in Victoria. I have some kissing up to do. :( 


See!? trying to get her into the hotel room! I had to physically lift her out. 


I think she is so stressed looking here. 


Won't even smile. But to be fair, I am about to drop her off for two nights and three days at a kennel. Don't believe me, but dogs know your every thought. They are good like that. 




1 comment:

  1. aww your dog is gorgeous! I hope he's let go of his resentment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments.

-Enjoy, krb