October 7, 2012

30 before 30: Qualify for New York Marathon


I didn't qualify today. I did not come close, but I feel ever so proud of myself and my running journey. 

September 23, 2012 marked the one year anniversary of completely rupturing my achillie's tendon while playing squash. Today I ran The Goodlife Fitness Victoria Marathon!! I finished in 4 hours, 11 minutes and 18 seconds. I got 38 out of 129 in my category and was the 264th female to cross the line out of 837 awesome women. I was hoping to be under 4 hours, but I must say I feel pretty proud of myself today, and must keep in mind back in May I couldn't run longer than 1 and a half minutes. 

It was mentally challenging, and I have more blisters on my feet than I wished for, and my legs are so sore I might become stuck on the toilet later. :) 

18 weeks of training to get here:

 Before the start of the race. Rockin' my awesome sweats!
Feeling awesome. 


 Good friend Justin and I. Our future is so bright we need sunglasses! Thankful for his love of running too. I need more insane friends in my life.


Sweaty shirt, and medal. awe-yeah! Good day 


1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comments.

-Enjoy, krb