June 25, 2012

Finding the Positive in the Negative

Highlights:

On Monday, I assembled and hung my hammock. Which I later finished a book in.
I got 2nd place in the female devision for the Charity Summer Solstice Race on Tuesday up Grey Mountain.

Wednesday I reeled in a 24" lake trout with my brother and sister in-law.   
I shot 2 handguns, 2 shotguns and a semi-automatic-machine-gun-thingy on Thursday at the shooting range with a new friend. Powerful experience. 
Friday, my lawn mower broke leaving an odd patch of grass in the middle. (makes me giggle)
Saturday I drove to Mayo with Justin to run the Mayo Marathon.
He took 2nd in the open men's half, and 3rd overall, and I took first in the female 10k.


The weekend was sunny, and I got a lot of things off my chest.  I calmly talked talked through tears and expressed my feelings to those that they involve.  Slowly, I am learning to accept that that's the way things in my past has happened and I can't change it.  Learning to deal. Not saying I am good at it, or that it's easy, but it's a step in one direction. 

Dancing in the rain remains a work in progress, but I feel this work is going to pay off. 

Life through my eyes:


 fishie!

Luna and Shannon in the boat. 


 Hand guns. 5 for 5 on the pop cans! 

Local fishing hole. Beauty.


 Justin is in the blue.

If this does not make you laugh, I don't know what will.
P.s My neighbours have immaculate yards.  


Luna. Front and centre. Mostly missing brain cells...



*Side note:
I've been encouraged to write a comically-honest day-by-day, "what to expect when you've been broken up with" book/blog. My friend says it would be a hit. I promise you, it would be nothing like he's just not that into you, because that was a brutal book, and no person who has recently been dumped should read that book. Maybe no person should ever read that book. 

It should probably include the times I was bawling uncontrollably in the fetal position on my kitchen floor while trying to make "dinner," and my roommate thought I was strange/dying. (Which he has now gotten accustom to.) Or that time I only needed toilet paper and bananas so I went to the store and bananas reminded me of him so I sat on the floor and cried in aisle 3 in the grocery store when I couldn't control myself. (I chose three because it was the aisle with random birdseed, matches and take out plates--nobody goes down it.) Explain that to the aisle attendants just wanting to refill the pet food. Or the time my dad walked in to my office and I was crying and he asked what was wrong and I said, "It just hurts everywhere" but it probably sounded more like, "mommmmpphhmhhmmphhaaaaarrrrrrr" and he thought I hurt myself again... "No, dad my heart"..."nnnoppmmyydddddmmmmmoorrrrrrttt" Poor guy walked into a bomb. 


Looking back: Not humorous yet, as I still cry at random, often. But someday, when my heart has mended, I will laugh. And you can too, because you've been there, and it is a beautiful thing. In a sick and fucked up way. 

Thoughts? 




Meanwhile, happy dancing.





2 comments:

  1. Look the reason I got mad is because I actually like you. I hate seeing you sad and when you're with some guy who mistreats you it makes you sad. I like you...We have so much in common...we like to run, we believe in God, we love baked on a saturday afternoon, we love crib, camping, journey, driving to skagway and a lot of other things...I don't wanna make you mad. I just wanna see you not sad. It sucks hearing about how sad you are and how you say your life is not satisfying. I sometimes feel unworthy cause I am a musician who doesn't make a ton of coin...anyway, I know you might not even read this and maybe everyone else will read this...Just being honest...hope you are healing inside and out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you might have less crying days if you didn't spend time with someone who kicked you to the curb...Stand up on your two feet and proudly give the middle finger and move on and forward with your life...or don't and wonder why you're never getting over it...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments.

-Enjoy, krb