June 19, 2012

Counseling || On Saving My Life

We talk about my dad a lot.

It's absolutely clear to them that my family causes me anxiety, depression and guilt.

They feel leaving my job, and clearly outlining a plan for my life is what I need to do.

They've enrolled me in a group, much like AA, to help me deal with my depression and anxiety.

We talk one on three, once a week, and sometimes by phone if I have moments of weakness.

They help me a lot, and get things out of me that I didn't know I felt.

They are teaching me practical ways to cope with my feelings, self-destructive thoughts and behaviors.

It's a start. I don't feel better; I'm still looking through the glass darkly, but I know there is hope for me. 

Hunting for joy takes time.

Happy dancing, dear friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments.

-Enjoy, krb