May 25, 2012

30 before 30: Grand Canyon

As you know, my 29th birthday was a week ago, so I decided about a month ago I should try to complete 30 goals before I turn 30. Yes, typical of me to leave things to the very last minute- I know. When I finish editing my list I will post it, but I have to be careful what I put on it as I am soon to be out of a job and house... 

So, here is the first thing I've done on my list. Hiking in the Grand Canyon. I've just returned from three days there. It was humbling to say the least. You don't realize how small and insignificant you are until you've been somewhere so magical, for the lack of a better word. 

I asked one of my best friends to share the experience with me. God love her for tolerating my driving, picky eating and terribly smelly armpits.. 

 On the first day, we were lucky to make it in-time for the solar eclipse. We sat on the edge of the canyon wall watching the eclipse. Sorry about the camera shake, I didn't bring a tripod. 



 North meets South in the East. 


We took a break for lunch here. It was quiet with lots of space to think.





 The trail at the top on our way back.


Powell Lake Damn where we started on our rafting journey down the Colorado River. 


 Fly Fishing in the river








Shannon and I after our hiking adventure down the South Kaibab Trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments.

-Enjoy, krb