August 22, 2012

30 before 30: Hike in Denali National Park

I spent 10 days travelling the State of Alaska. I drove 3,400 Kilometres. Took over 500 pictures, and ate out of way too many dehydrated food bags. 

I met a lot of really cool people and saw even more great things.

I learnt a lot about myself. I found peace in the rain, and got more and more depressed the closer I got to home proving the move to Vancouver is not by any means a mistake. 




New shoes! First run in them! 


Luna and I chilling at the beach in Seward. The only blue sky while I was in that funky town. 
My favourite place of the trip. 


Mount Marathon. I hike half-way up and got pepper sprayed.. She wanted to make sure it works. It worked.


When you can only carry 4L of water at a time and you are never really sure where the next refill comes from, you learn a new kind of respect for the land. 


Moose! A baby moose allowed me to hang out with it on a park path in Anchorage, AK 


The bus that took me 89 miles into the National Park of Denali. 6 hours on this thing is enough. 


Mt. McKinley. This picture does it no justice. We are still 30 or 40 miles as the bird flies to the peak. There are about 50 days a year when you can actually see it. I lucked out. 


Long live the river! 


Yep, love books. 


1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comments.

-Enjoy, krb